Anthony J. Nocella, Ph.D. is a long-time competitive cyclist and runner and former professional mountain biker, who dabbles in triathlons, while not publishing books, organizing social justice events, and teaching. Anthony raced mountain bikes for a number of teams professionally throughout the United States starting at the age of fifteen years old in Houston, Texas. At the age of seventeen he began his career in the bicycle shop industry. Today, while not a professional athlete, he as a vegan athlete, still races cyclocross, mountain biking, road biking, ultramarathons, triathlons, Ragnars, and Xterras.
He has worked for the following bicycle shops:
- Cycle Spectrum, Houston, Texas
- Cycle Spectrum, Sugarland, Texas
- Southwest Schwinn, Houston, Texas
- Bike Plus, Houston, Texas
- Sun and Ski Sports, Houston, Texas
- Sun and Ski Sports, Memorial City, Texas
- Sun and Ski Sports, Dallas, Texas
- Syracuse Bicycle, Syracuse, New York
- Omnium Bike Shop, Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Bike Barn, Katy, Texas
- Hangar 15 Bicycles, Salt Lake, Utah
Articles on Cycling and Running by Anthony J. Nocella II, Ph.D.
Pictures of Anthony J. Nocella II